[Qgis-user] QGIS error & F29

Max Pyziur pyz at brama.com
Tue Mar 12 06:54:56 PDT 2019

On Tue, 12 Mar 2019, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:

> Ah...
>
> Now I see 2.7 ????
> That is very old, please upgrade to the one available via
> https://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/alldownloads.html#fedora

Much thanks for your replies.

I've done this, but this has led to another issue. Either it's a bug or
I'm not executing something correctly (clicking checkboxes etc.

If I go Database -> DB Manager
Establish a connection to my postgresql/postgis database

F2 to open the SQL editing window, type:
SELECT * FROM "shapefiles"."us_states" WHERE state = 'Texas'

Hit Execute, Load As layer

Nothing appears in either the Layers pane or the main window.

However, if I go
Layer -> Add Layer -> Add PostGIS Layers

and then select a table built upon a shapefile

the map loads.

I can then edit the SQL for that layer by right-clicking on the layer in
the layer pane, Update sql, and my modifications are reflected in the
layer.

How do I get DB Manager to add a layer?

Much thanks,

Max Pyziur