[Qgis-user] QGIS error & F29

Max Pyziur pyz at brama.com
Tue Mar 12 07:12:58 PDT 2019

On Tue, 12 Mar 2019, DelazJ wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Le mar. 12 mars 2019 à 14:55, Max Pyziur <pyz at brama.com> a écrit :
>       On Tue, 12 Mar 2019, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
>
>       > Ah...
>       >
>       > Now I see 2.7 ????
>       > That is very old, please upgrade to the one available via
>       > https://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/alldownloads.html#fedora
>
>       Much thanks for your replies.
>
>       I've done this, but this has led to another issue. Either it's a bug or
>       I'm not executing something correctly (clicking checkboxes etc.
>
>       If I go Database -> DB Manager
>       Establish a connection to my postgresql/postgis database
>
>       F2 to open the SQL editing window, type:
>       SELECT * FROM "shapefiles"."us_states" WHERE state = 'Texas'
>
>       Hit Execute, Load As layer
>

> At this point, the dialog expands new options in which you may need to indicate the PK and the geometry fields.
> And then press on "Load" to have layer and features in the application.
>
> Are these options not visible? Or do you simply skip these steps in your feedback?

I do all of these things:
insert a SQL statement:
SELECT * FROM "shapefiles"."us_states"

Click "Execute"

The results appear

Click "Load As New Layer"
Check "Column(s) with unique values"
Click "Retrieve Values"
Add a layer name in the appropriate window
Click "Load"

And nothing shows up.

But if I go to the Layer -> Add Layer -> Add postgis layers

It loads appropriately from a table containing shapefile data.

I can then edit the SQL foundation of that layer, something like
SELECT * FROM "shapefiles"."us_states"

adding
SELECT * FROM "shapefiles"."us_states" WHERE state = 'Texas'

and the results are
reflected.

I've been using QGIS since 2012, and this is a first for me.

Max