[Qgis-user] Qgis minimum hardware requirements

Patrick Dunford enzedrailmaps at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 09:32:54 PDT 2019

It will depend very much on the size and content of your projects.
Vector layers are very efficient in resource usage. If you happen to use
raster layers, the software dedicates a lot of resources to caching
them, so that is where insufficient memory or swap may become an issue.

If you do work with large projects, adding a 100 GB or larger SSD purely
for swap purposes is a lot cheaper than 32 GB of system RAM and not a
great deal slower.