[Qgis-user] Plugin Reloader plugin making trouble

b.j.kobben at utwente.nl b.j.kobben at utwente.nl
Tue Mar 19 07:43:38 PDT 2019

Hi all,

as a follow-up to my earlier question (below), I have now embarked on the slow (but fun!) process of learning how to create a Python Processing Plugin. I have successfully build a skeleton one using the Plugin Builder, managed to get my PyCharm IDE to work with the qgis.core library and thus can get to developing my own.

However, I keep having to uninstall my plugin, quit Qgis, deploy a new version to the plugins dir and then re-start Qgis, which works fine, but is a bit of a pain. I have to do this because the Plugin Reloader keeps failing to reload it "in place" with the message:

"2019-03-19T15:25:42     WARNING    Traceback (most recent call last):
              File "/Applications/QGIS3.4.app/Contents/MacOS/../Resources/python/qgis/utils.py", line 309, in loadPlugin
              __import__(packageName)
              File "/Applications/QGIS3.4.app/Contents/MacOS/../Resources/python/qgis/utils.py", line 672, in _import
              mod = _builtin_import(name, globals, locals, fromlist, level)
              File "/Users/barendkobben/Library/Application Support/QGIS/QGIS3/profiles/default/python/plugins/origin_destination_points_to_flow_lines/origin_destination_points_to_flow_lines.py", line 38, in
              from .origin_destination_points_to_flow_lines_provider import OriginDestinationPointsToFlowLinesProvider
              File "/Applications/QGIS3.4.app/Contents/MacOS/../Resources/python/qgis/utils.py", line 672, in _import
              mod = _builtin_import(name, globals, locals, fromlist, level)
             ImportError: attempted relative import with no known parent package"

This seems strange, because when loading it the first time there is no problem with "no known parent package". Can anybody tell me why this happens (and how to solve it  hopefully)...?

--
Barend Köbben