[Qgis-user] qlr of spatialite database layer not showing when database is on network drive

Thu Mar 21 08:10:52 PDT 2019

Hi Reginald,

SQLite has problems writing on Network File Systems/Samba Shares due to
the poor support for locking. I remember one case where this was
"handled" by writing to a local SQLite file and replace the SQLite file
on the network drive with the local SQLite file after writing finished.

See for instance
https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/UserDocs/SQLite
https://www.sqlite.org/faq.html#q5

cheers