[Qgis-user] Aggregation of adjacent polygons of the same type

Sven Böhme - empirica boehme at empirica-institut.de
Mon Mar 25 02:04:36 PDT 2019

Hi!

I'm trying to aggregate neighboring polygons based on additional conditions. These are:

- the polygons must be adjacent
- the polygons must be of the same type (simple value from attribute)
- the polygons should only be combined if the values of an attribute x are below a certain value AND
- the polygons shall be merged with other polygons until this value is reached

The polygons are grids. Aggregation should not necessarily lead to new squares (as in the Quadtree-method).

I use PostGIS to store the data and QGIS for visualization and further processing. For performance reasons I suspect that a database-supported procession makes sense, but if QGIS (GDAL,GRASS etc.) offers a function, I would like to try it out.

I would be happy about support

Best regards
Sven

----------------------------

empirica ag
Sven Böhme
Kaiserstraße 29
53113 Bonn
Fon +49 (0)228 91489-90
Fax +49 (0)3222 95 66 169
www.empirica-institut.de<http://www.empirica-institut.de/>

empirica ag - Zweigniederlassung Bonn - HRB 87951 Amtsgericht Charlottenburg
Vorstand: Dr. Marie-Therese Krings-Heckemeier (Vorsitzende),
Ludger Baba, Dr. Reiner Braun (stellv. Vors.), Meike Heckenroth, Prof. Dr. Harald Simons
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Klaus Arndt

Kostenloser Newsletter von empirica. Jetzt anmelden:
https://www.empirica-institut.de/newsletter-anmelden/
Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschützte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet. - This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.