[Qgis-user] uploading a png basemap

Mary Neale mary at maryneale.co.uk
Wed Mar 27 05:14:04 PDT 2019

Hi

I'm using the lastest version of QGIS and I've been trying to upload a
.png version of a basemap, which uploads but is not visible. When
uploading the coordinate reference system selector box pops up and I
choose OSGB 1936 / British National Grid.

I've asked the map provider for a .vml version (which when combined with
the .png worked a treat in past versions of QGIS) but they haven't sent
it and haven't replied.

Can someone advise whether I should be able to see the .png version and
that I'm doing something wrong or whether a .vml version of a basemap is
essential?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes

Mary