[Qgis-user] Data volume wms-layer

Andy Harfoot ajph at geodata.soton.ac.uk
Thu Mar 28 03:25:43 PDT 2019

Hi Pascale,

Just a thought, but the amount of data requested by QGIS from a WMS source may be affected by the 'Oversampling' level, found here: Layer Properties > Symbology > Resampling this is set to 2.00 by default, and reducing it to 1 may reduce the amount of data requested. See here for further info:

https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/295565/how-does-oversampling-work-in-wmts-layers

The big caveat is the difference between WMS and WMTS, in the former resampling should be done on the server, so QGIS could adopt a hands-off approach, but that may not actually be the case. Something to test anyway!

Cheers,

Andy