[Qgis-user] [Papercuts] Open Attribute table and make editable in one go

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed May 1 02:41:16 PDT 2019

Hi,

Got a question from a user, if it is possible to open the attribute
table and make it editable in one go, to easily change something in some
little layer.
Instead of: make layer editable open attribute table.
Or open table and click pencil to make it editable.

I am aware that the double click action on a layer is configurable in
Settings/Canvas & Legend, so the opening of the table is easy :-)

Seems easy to add, so I'm wondering:
- are others interested in this?
- would I add this to the context menu (then how?)
- would I add it in the Settings dropdown (as an extra item 'Open
attribute tabled editable')
- both?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde

PS adding tag [Papercuts] here, as I hope people will post more little
tweaks/annoyances using this tag for things they think are small work to
do but make working in QGIS much easier/nicer.