[Qgis-user] HTML in layout

Karl Magnus Jönsson Karl-Magnus.Jonsson at kristianstad.se
Wed May 8 00:05:44 PDT 2019

Hi list!
I'm working on setting up an automated workflow for getting layouts from QGIS and possibly QGIS server. So far I'm surprised over the endless possibilities. I have one suspected bug or I misunderstand how to use it. I use a HTML frame in the layout and populates the source with an URL with expression. It works but when I go back to edit the source, the expression isn't there and it's deactivated. If I reenter the expression and activate it, it doesn't affect the result. I still uses the first entered expression. I had a look in the project file and found that the first entered data defined property (the expression used) is stored in a tag called <LayoutMultiFrame> and the second (not used) in a tag <LayoutItem>. I suspect that the first one is a child to the latter one. The problem is that edits ends up in the parent object that doesn't get used and I can't edit the child. Has anyone used this and got the same result? Am I using it wrong or is it a bug? Can't find one reported.

PS. Looks like a bug. You must create a new HTML frame when something else than a HTML item properties is visible in item properties to get it working. If one already is visible the expression isn't used (but remains editable).

QGIS 3.6.2

/Karl-Magnus Jönsson