[Qgis-user] QGIS3 Server on Windows Server and IIS

Mats Elfström mats.elfstrom at gmail.com
Fri May 10 04:57:07 PDT 2019

Hi!
Thanks for hints.
I forgot to state a fourth assumption:
* I believe that there are QGIS users who know how to deploy QGIS Server
under Windows server, and are willing to share that knowledge.

Not that somebody would freely volunteer to figure this out for fun. This
mess is very far from fun.

I have given Docker a try. First, I had to commission an expensive Windows
2016 machine, since Docker will not run on 2012 which all my Geodata
machines use.
And where there are no problems with components like PostGIS, Geoserver and
so on.

So I installed Docker and was within minutes stuck in a proverbial quagmire
of missing files, missing rights and whatever. In short, Docker did not
even initialise properly.
I will not go there again.
I fail to see the point of having to run a simple application in a virtual
Linux machine within a virtual Windows machine. Too many layers on that
onion.

Regards, Mats.E
Mats Elfström, Väpplingvägen 21, SE-227 38 LUND, Sweden
tel: +46 46 145959 / mob: +46 70 595 39 35
alt e-mail: mats.elfstrom at giskraft.com <mats.elfstrom at telia.com>