[Qgis-user] WMS "Add Default Servers"

Jonathan Moules jonathan-lists at lightpear.com
Mon May 13 00:22:34 PDT 2019

Hi Paulo,

The problem with default links is:

* They go out of date quickly

* They're probably not what the user wants.

* There are a lot of them: I have over 180,000 services in my database

* There are too many even just global - of the 1.2 million layers in my
database, 68,922 claim via their bbox to have fully global coverage.

* A list of titles doesn't really tell you what's in the service.

Shameless plug: This is why I developed GeoSeer - https:www.geoseer.net
- to make these services discoverable.

As requested I've create a ticket for its removal:
https://issues.qgis.org/issues/22059

Cheers,

Jonathan