[Qgis-user] WMS Problem in QGIS 3.10

Nick Hopton nhopton at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 04:13:57 PST 2019

I have problems with loading UK Environment Agency WMS layers. This has only
arisen since I installed QGIS 3.10.

I understand that when QGIS makes a WMS request it adds the current version
to the User-Agent string, so in version QGIS 3.10.0 this results in
"Mozilla/5.0 QGIS/3.10.0-A Coruña" and that it might be the "ñ" character
that's causing the request to be rejected.

For testing purposes here is a typical EA WMS request:

https://environment.data.gov.uk/spatialdata/lidar-composite-digital-surface-model-dtm-1m/wms

I've reported the problem to the EA, but I wonder if I should report it as a
QGIS bug as well?

All of the above assumes that it is the extended set character that is
causing the problem and of course this might not be the case.