[Qgis-user] Change the datasource of a layer

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Nov 13 01:59:16 PST 2019

Hi Harrissou,

Interesting. I didn't discover this new feature in QGIS core. Every day
something new to discover ;-)

It wasn't there in 3.4 - I just checked. So I don't know when it was
introduced. Like you, I also can't find it in our visual changelogs.

However, one thing that the plugin does better, is to offer a "free
form" change of the data source. E.g. when you want to change one
parameter in the PostgreSQL connection string. This is possible in the
plugin, but I couldn't find a way to do it with the built-in "change
data source".

Also - is there a builtin way for bulk changes of data sources?

Thanks,

Andreas