[Qgis-user] PostGIS- erroneous query : Unable to get list of tables from DB

Laurence Béchet bechet.laurence at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 18:31:04 PST 2019

Good afternoon,

Windows 8.1 pro 64 bits
QGIS version 3.10.0-A Coruña QGIS code revision 6c816b4204

I have a postgresql db with Postgis enabled to which I connect using a
pg service.
It was working fine with the default profile.

I created a new profile (settings/user profiles). My projects were still
displayed (tables located in the db) and looked ok.

But when I wanted to add a new table from datasource manager/postgresql
I was prompted the first time to create a connection. I created the same
one as I had for the default profile. I tested the connection and it
passed. I clicked to 'connect' and nothing happened: no table list
displayed. I checked with DB/DB manager and I can see my tables.
I switched back to the former default profile: same behaviour (no tables
listed).

There are  different qgis-auth.db files (different sizes) in each
profile folder of C:\Users\<myuser>\AppData\Roaming\QGIS\QGIS3\profiles
(don't know how to read them though)

In the logs I found the following messages (PostGIS section):
2019-11-16T12:27:02     WARNING    NOTICE: row number 0 is out of range
0..-1
2019-11-16T12:28:20     WARNING    Erroneous query: <long query> [ERROR:
permission denied for schema topology
2019-11-16T12:28:20     WARNING    NOTICE: WARNING: there is no
transaction in progress
2019-11-16T12:28:20     WARNING    Unable to get list of spatially
enabled tables from the database

I don't have any problem with the default user and QGIS version
3.4.13-Madeira
(I have not tried to create another profile with 3.4.13 because I need a
working version of qgis).

The error message seems to point toward a lack of permission, but that
same user can run that query within pgadmin without any problems.

Any idea where to look? I looked on internet but to no avail ...

Thank you in advance
Laurence Bechet
*ARK IN THE PARK Volunteer Co-Ordinator**
**Cascades Ranger Station**
Falls Road, Waitakere*, Auckland*
*