[Qgis-user] How set real origin on a false origin dataset

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 15:22:29 PST 2019

Hi,

Another possible solution it's to create a custom projection where you
include the false origin information (false northing and false easting.
Then set your layers to use that custom projection.

For more information on how to create a custom projection in QGIS, check
this page of the official documentation:

https://docs.qgis.org/3.4/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_projections/working_with_projections.html#id12

For more information about the false northing and easting, check PROJ
documentation:

https://proj.org/usage/projections.html?highlight=false%20north#false-easting-northing

Alexandre Neto
QGIS Support