[Qgis-user] Experiences using QGIS + PostgreSQL/PostGIS in a multiuser environment?

Luigi Pirelli luipir at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 04:44:23 PST 2019

On Wed, 20 Nov 2019 at 13:24, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wonder what is best practice to handle auth configs across several users
> for sharing of projects?
>
> Should we ask users to create the same auth-config ids/names to make
> projects interoperable, where each users would have different credentials,
> but share the auth-config id that is stored in the QGIS project file?

exactly... authid can be edited => aliñed for a team

> Is this how we should do it? Otherwise users would end up with different
> auth-ids and then can't open QGIS files from their colleagues without a
> hassle ...

corret... that's the reason you can set you 7char id!

> Or are there better/alternative approaches?
>
> Andreas

share auth.db (or a profile) with credential setup... but you should also
share pwd to de-encrypt authdb. IMHO Better crate each one it's authddb
setting his personal credentials to decrypt and use common authid for
shared projects.

Luigi Pirelli

* GitHub: https://github.com/luipir
* Book: Mastering QGIS3 - 3rd Edition