[Qgis-user] GeoPackage deadlocks (and new user)

djes djes1975 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 05:11:48 PDT 2019

As I'm a new user of this list, hi to everyone !

As we had this problem, here's a working trick well known but a bit hard to
find : https://issues.qgis.org/issues/20077#note-2
Even Rouault wrote
>  il y a 12 mois
> Can you retry your tests by defining the following environment variables
> (may require restarting QGIS each time you change) ?
>
> OGR_SQLITE_JOURNAL=DELETE
> SQLITE_USE_OGR_VFS=YES
> and possibly the combinations of both
> Note that SQLite is notoriously known not to be appropriate for databases
> stored on network shares...

It does the trick, even if sometimes it could be impossible to save changes
when concurrent users are accessing the same layers. But the speed boost and
most of the problems are going away.