[Qgis-user] how to rotate a grid

Stephen Sacks sacks44 at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 23 19:46:20 PDT 2019

I am using QGIS 3.4.12-Madeira . I have successfully superimposed a grid
on my map, using two different methods: (1) View > Decorations > Grid
and (2) Vector > ResearchTools > grid . With either method I see the
grid just as I want it. My problem comes in rotating the grid _without
rotating other layers_. Various UTube snippets make it seem easy to
adjust the grid's rotation and position to line up with other layers,
but when I change the Rotation field at the bottom of my screen all
layers rotate. I've tried saving the grid as a new layer, I've tried
selecting the grid layer, I've tried selecting all the lines of the
grid, but I can't figure out how to rotate just the grid. What am I
doing wrong ?

    Thanks in advance for your advice.

         Steve