[Qgis-user] Loss of scale after clipping

David Addy davesgrandad at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 02:05:34 PDT 2019

Hi Nick,
I thought you were onto something with that suggestion of incompatible CRS
settings.
The coastal file that I had clipped came from a MapInfo source and the CRS
was interpreted by QGIS as a custom CRS rather than as EPSG 27700. Although
the MapInfo CRS was meant to be the GB National Grid.
So I changed its CRS to 27700 and clipped it again.
This loaded up fine and I got the correct scale in the box at the bottom of
the map window.
Thinking all was well I saved the project and closed it.
However, when I came to open it again this morning the map looked correct
but the scale had reverted to 0:1.
Now I am completely baffled.