[Qgis-user] how to rotate a grid

Stephen Sacks sacks44 at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 24 18:24:09 PDT 2019

Phil -

     Thanks for sending that link to a relevant video.  I had trouble
using it because of the differences between the 2.8 and 3.0 GUI.  But
the video's mention of using moving and rotating tools turned out to
help me solve my problem.  Apparently, the "rotation" input box at the
bottom of my screen in QGIS 3.4 will rotate all layers, without regard
to which ones are selected and/or editable.  HOWEVER, if I click on the
Toolbox icon at the top of my screen (a gear wheel), it opens a large
panel at the right which includes "Rotate" and "Translate" tools which
in turn operate on only selected layers.  Of course, I should have known
this, but I'll claim my circumstance as new to GIS as excuse.

            Thanks.

                   Steve