[Qgis-user] Issus on MacOS

Julian Bogdani jbogdani at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 08:17:24 PDT 2019

Hello all,

I’m using 3.4.12-Madeira in macOS 10.15 (Catalina) and I’m having some issues with GRASS tools. It seems to be a PATH issue, since QGIS/GRASS is not able to find
> /usr/local/Cellar/osgeo-grass/7.6.1_5/grass76/etc/lock.

In fact, I have not installed GRASS using Homebrew, since—if I correctly understand—GRASS comes with QGIS installer. Looking at my system setting, I have ony one additional path added:

PREPEND PATH /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/bin:

By the way, is it still necessary or latest QGIS installer comes with its own Python?

The GRASS7 folder was set to:
> /Applications/QGIS3.app/CONTENTS/MacOS/grass, which does not exist.

I changed it manually to
> /Applications/QGIS3.4.app/Contents/Resources/grass7.

When I save and close the Options window QGIS crashes, but the value is saved.

Any suggestion?

-----
Julian Bogdani
jbogdani at gmail.com