[Qgis-user] Drag and drop files into QGIS - Silly Question

Tony Shepherd (FarmMaps NZ) tony at farmmaps.nz
Sun Sep 1 16:55:17 PDT 2019

Hi

I have figured it out.  I'm using 3.8.2.  If I open QGIS using the windows option "Run as Administrator", drag and dropping any data (spatial or non spatial) files into QGIS appears to be disabled.  A normal starting of QGIS and it is as Mike says  "drag and drop come naturally" and it appears to work as normal.

Sorry for wasting anybody's time, but thought it worth commenting on what I discovered.

Cheers
Tony