[Qgis-user] FH 3 questions (million points, metadata, projection bug); thanks

Falk Huettmann fhuettmann at alaska.edu
Sat Sep 7 01:23:31 PDT 2019

Dear Colleagues,
a few questions if I may:

-I am doing 3 million points, overlays, reprojections and table edits,
 and an expensive GIS package failed on us 'esrliy' (I like this word, in
case it actually is one).
 So we ran it in QGIS and the entire project saved; hooray! THANKS!!!!
 Anyways, how about we want to run 6 million points in QGIS ?
 How to do it best ? Any advise ?

-we find a consistent bug in QGIS when using Mercator projection and with a
180 degree meridian.
 Chukotka peninsula data do not show up; perhaps you know of a cure ?
 I am happy to send you the shapefiles and grids to look at.

-I love MetaEdit; well, except, I cannot find it in the PlugIns and the
 website seems to be not supported anymore.
 http://gis-lab.info/qa/metatools-eng.html
 Any hints for ISO compliant XML metadata  editor with QGIS ? QGIS needs it.

Thanks so much again; very best
   Falk Huettmann