[Qgis-user] QGIS metadata options ? (Thanks; re-post)

Falk Huettmann fhuettmann at alaska.edu
Tue Sep 17 00:14:14 PDT 2019

Hi there, QGIS community,

very sorry,
but I am still struggling with xml ISO compliant FGDC metadata in
QGIS.

I only see the great webpage on MetaEdit;
well, except, I cannot find it in the PlugIns and the
 website seems to be not supported anymore; no reply upon request.
 http://gis-lab.info/qa/metatools-eng.html

I would welcome any suggestions here on what to do; big thanks.

QGIS, like any GIS and software and data, cannot live without metadata and
such an editor.
Even more so, that's where Open Source can entirely outcompete
and win....I am thinking here for instance of (biological species taxonomy)
survey data with GIS data sources all read-in automatically  for modeling
and predictions; with automated workflows...and then readily documented
with XML metadata and parsed and presented in html, for instance.

See here a monopoly piece in gitub; how can that be linked with QGIS
effectively ?.
https://github.com/usgs/fort-pymdwizard/

For projects - commercial and science-, compliant ISO metadata can be the
deal breaker

And I think we should probably not work with 'homebrew' code and rely on it.

Thanks so much again for any pointers; very best
      Falk Huettmann