[Qgis-user] Oracle connections in QGIS for MacOS

James Elliott iamjameselliott at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 08:03:35 PDT 2019

Hello,

I'm aware that in the QGIS 2.x days in order to connect to any Oracle
database a user would need to compile QGIS themselves, including the Oracle
instant client libraries (or something like that)...

Now that QGIS has an "Official All-in-one, signed installer" for MacOS,
will Oracle support be baked in? I removed and reinstalled using the most
recent version (3.8.3), but do not have Oracle as an option to create
connections to. Is this something that's wrongly configured on my Mac, or
is it not supported?

I'm new to the mailing list, so please forgive any omissions to this.

Thanks,

- James