[Qgis-user] Georeferencing a map

Stephane Goldstein s.n.g at gmx.com
Fri Sep 20 23:56:38 PDT 2019

I have exported many times georeferenced TIFFs from QQIS to use in Avenza.
I do so by creating map in the QGIS layout tool and exporting it as a TIFF
file, usually at 300 DPI. The files can get quite large though.
I think Avenza can only render RGB Tiffs, so if you try to load a one band
or categorical raster you probably won't be able to see anything on the app.