[Qgis-user] QGIS installation on Ubuntu 18.04

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Tue Sep 24 01:50:39 PDT 2019

> Às 13:32 de 23/09/19, J. M escreveu:
>> Hi Jorge,
>>
>> Well, I tried your suggestion and it gave me a BEGIN .. END key block, which
>> it didn't do before. Before it said that the key server was not available. So
>> I followed the rest of the instructions on
>> https://www.qgis.org/en/site/forusers/alldownloads.html
>> and it installed version 2.18.17 (Las Palmas) exactly as it has every other
>> time.

Did you run "sudo apt-get update" and "sudo apt-get upgrade" after
adding qgis.org?
Any packages held back?
What do you get from "apt-cache policy qgis-providers"?

If you don't see any refrerence from qgis.org, the qgis server is not
adressed properly. For the key issue, I prefer running
"sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-key
51F523511C7028C3"

HTH,
Andre Joost