[Qgis-user] QGIS installation on Ubuntu 18.04

J. M jimimckay at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 06:59:12 PDT 2019

Hi Andre,

Sorry, I missed the part about apt-cache. When I run the command it returns
2.18.17, so the server is addressed. I don't see where to install the
latest version in the instructions, so when I run 'sudo apt-get install
qgis qgis-plugin-grass' I don't understand how it would know which version
to install. If i wanted to run 2.18.17 at a later date, how would I go
about it? Pardon the newbie questions, but it's the only way I'll ever
figure it out!

Also, I sent my previous queries to you because my first email got help up
because it contained an attachment. Hope this one makes it through! I see
people pasting screenshots into forum text, but I don't get the option for
that either. Any hints?

Many thanks again to the whole team,
Jimi.