[Qgis-user] Raster edge detection - Raster -> Vector

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Wed Sep 25 15:41:35 PDT 2019

I don't know about QGIS, but OSM has a tool RapidID, developed by Facebook,
that looks at imagery and digitizes roads. RapidID is a tool for mapping in
OpenStreetMap. It shows missing roads. To use in New Zealand, you'll need
to report an issue request New Zealand be added to the location.

You can find RapidID at https://mapwith.ai/

For a list of countries available for RapidID go to
https://github.com/facebookmicrosites/Open-Mapping-At-Facebook/wiki/Available-Countries

To request adding your country, add an issue to their Github repository at
https://github.com/facebookincubator/RapiD/issues/new

Best,
Clifford