[Qgis-user] GeoPackage deadlocks (Andrea Peri)

Paul Wittle paul.wittle at dorsetcouncil.gov.uk
Fri Sep 27 02:13:27 PDT 2019

Hi,

I think my perspective is more related to whether or not the documentation / software is guiding the users to the right conclusion. It is clear that multiple users should not be editing the same file but my original question had two points really:

  *   Does the user/software know someone else is already editing?
  *   Should the software permit it at all?

My current thought is that QGIS probably doesn’t know how many people are reading or writing to the file and so it is unable to give the user any messages that would drive good practice. I’m unclear myself whether the issue is caused by two editors or just one editor and one or more reader. I’d have to do more testing on that but basically it would be great if it just popped up and said you can’t edit this file as someone else has it open for editing.

That hopefully sounds good but the bigger issue appears to be how do you do it?

Paul

P.S. I have heard about the compression issue but I was hoping that will be resolved in the future given the prominence given to the format but the OGC.