[Qgis-user] merge shapefiles into one

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Sun Apr 12 16:38:11 PDT 2020

Hi Niall,

This is a causes by a Windows 10 limite on the amount of open files it can handle (around 1024 I think).  Problems happen when you have thousands of opened shapefile that need to be merged (like when you use and external program to find the file extent for thousands of files on a HD drive).  This is not a QGIS issue. Saga loads everything into memory so the problem is not seen in SAGA.  It does not keep a handle on the files once they are opened.

Nicolas Cadieux
Ça va bien aller!