[Qgis-user] QGIS in the commercial world

Iain at jcis.net.au Iain at jcis.net.au
Tue Apr 14 17:13:37 PDT 2020

Andreas wrote

It was also good to see that 103 out of 1691 respondents represented an
organization with >100 users. I expected a lower number in this category and
was quite surprised.

This observation triggered in me a thought that as the organisation I work
for is moving towards formal use of QGIS throughout its team - we should be
donating to the QGIS project as that would seem to be the ethical thing to
do. The directors would be quite open to the idea. There are some questions
I have.

Is QGIS a registered charity?

Is there an entity which we can donate to?

What would be a suitable donation?

Most business would write off ESRI products through their accounting system
as some form of tax deduction as it is a something you can buy. A donation
to QGIS by business would need to be structures in some way to obtain a
similar benefit.

Has anyone any experience in this area?

Cheers

Dr Iain Stuart