[Qgis-user] QGIS Server installation on Windows via XAMPP

Franko Naimarevic Franko.Naimarevic at ulb.ac.be
Wed Apr 15 02:39:24 PDT 2020

Hello,

I'm trying to setup QGIS Server on my computer (Windows10) to experiment
with how it works.
I managed to get it running locally using XAMPP, following the official
guide
(https://docs.qgis.org/3.10/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_ogc/server/getting_started.html#installation-on-windows).

I clicked
http://localhost/cgi-bin/qgis_mapserv.fcgi.exe?SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.3.0REQUEST=GetCapabilities
as the guide suggests, and got "Layer(s) not valid", but I figured that
the server was working, since I wasn't getting a "not found" error of
some sorts.

I then wanted to load my own map, but the guide doesn't really explain
how to do it. After searching around on the internet, I tried:
http://localhost/cgi-bin/qgis_mapserv.fcgi.exe?MAP=/OSGeo4W64/apps/qgis/bin/MAPNAME.qgs

but got a "Project file error".

What am I missing?

Thanks for your help!