[Qgis-user] QGIS Server installation on Windows via XAMPP

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed Apr 15 04:32:07 PDT 2020

On 4/15/20 12:50 PM, Alessandro Pasotti wrote:

>> @Allesandro: you say a standalone development server. But (even on
>> windows) it's not that you run a webserver on port 80 if you run
>> qgis_mapserver or qgis_mapserver.exe, is it?
>
> Yes, it's a full standalone HTTP development server.
>
>> If I run it here it's
>> initing all QGIS machinery and ends with:
>> INFO Server[178177]: No server python plugins are available
>> seemingly waiting for a connection, but I do not know how....
>
> try calling it with '-h'

Ah, duh... thanks...

YES, so it run's by default on port localhost:8000

And it is also working (tested) on Windows:

Saving a simple project into c:\tmp
Starting qgis_mapserver.exe
And in browser I go to:
http://localhost:8000/?map=c:\tmp\nl.qgs&service=WMS&request=getcapabilities
And I have a valid capabilities document!

Thanks Ale! Works like a charm ( even on Windooz ;-) )

Is it an idea (feature request?) to let qgis_mapserver.exe spit out an
INFO-message line telling the user that "Started a minimal http-server
on localhost port 8000 for testing purposes" or so?
OR is the code itself not aware it is being ran as a standalone http dev
server at that moment?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde