[Qgis-user] QGIS in the commercial world

Bo Victor Thomsen bo.victor.thomsen at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 00:05:06 PDT 2020

Hi Michael -

It is 100% voluntary if a company wants to pay for a sustaining
membership. Pay what you feel is appropriate. Or pay a one-time donation.

As an example : The Danish QGIS Usergroup (of which I'm a board member)
pays as a "Large Member" each year. We represent a number of
municipalities and companies that using is QGIS. Every institution pays
around 300 Euro /year for membership in the Danish User Group.

A large part of the usergroup's income goes directly to the
international QGIS organisation. The rest is used for QGIS activities
related directly to Denmark.

Some of our members also supports  qgis.org directly or by supporting
QGIS development.

The point is: Every organisation supports QGIS  with the amount of money
they find is appropriate. Or by other method, like directly supporting
the development of new functionality.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Kind regards

Bo Victor Thomsen