[Qgis-user] 2019 USGS 7.5min topo sheets

Mike Flannigan mikeflan at att.net
Tue Apr 21 11:22:00 PDT 2020

Much to my surprise I think you are correct.
QGIS can open a TIF file (and a zipped TIF file),
but I can't get a GeoPDF to open in QGIS.  If I
convert the GeoPDF to a TIF with GDAL, it still
will not open and gives error "Missing Codec".

Very surprising.  I know from past experience that
Global Mapper v6.04 will view TIF files that have
been converted from GeoPDF via GDAL.

Mike