[Qgis-user] new Ubuntu-20.04 still not up to date

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Fri Apr 24 01:29:07 PDT 2020

Am 24.04.20 um 03:27 schrieb Dave Kimble:

> At qgis.org I see that you released qgis-3.12 on 17 April 2020, less
> than a week before Ubuntu-20.04 was due to be released.
>
> At https://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/alldownloads.html#debian-ubuntu , I
> cannot understand what you mean by "To have newer versions, you have to
> add alternative software repositories, by adding one of the deb-lines
> below to your /etc/apt/sources.list file."  There are no deb lines
> below. There are 15 URLs.

The release of QGIS 3.12 was too late for the build process of Ubuntu
20.04, so you can only have 3.10.4 from the main ubuntu repo.

In order to add the qgis.org repo as an additional source, follow the
steps at the end of the
<https://www.qgis.org/en/site/forusers/alldownloads.html#debian-ubuntu>
chapter (before the Fedora section begins):

deb     https://qgis.org/ubuntu focal main
deb-src https://qgis.org/ubuntu focal main

Make sure to add the qgis key as well. In a terminal:
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-key
51F523511C7028C3

HTH,
Andre Joost