[Qgis-user] GDAL on newer versions of QGIS for Mac

Erich Purpur epurpur at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 13:12:03 PDT 2020

Hi all-

This is something I am not clear about, so apologies if I have overlooked
something obvious. It seems that GDAL (and most raster processing) tools
don't work on more recent versions of QGIS for Mac. I did some
investigating and found that this was a known issue:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Mac-Packager/issues/28#issuecomment-662988847.
There is a workaround detailed in the above mentioned github thread, which
I have used and it works for me, but is quite an undertaking for less adept
users.

One of the core developers stated it would be resolved by v3.14, which is
currently out but does not provide a fix as far as I can tell after
downloading and testing on that version.

Is this still a known issue?  Is anyone else experiencing this? Thank you
for any information.

-Erich Purpur