[Qgis-user] Missing DLLs for processing standalone console tool

Andrea Giudiceandrea andreaerdna at libero.it
Sun Aug 9 02:53:33 PDT 2020

johnrobot wrote
> I´m using the standalone installer, my
> impression was that the Windows prompt (cmd.exe) could be used to launch a
> model (.model3) using this feature. Is that incorrect and I have to use
> the
> OSGeo4W shell instead?

Hi Magnus,
the OSGeo4W Shell is just the Windows Command Prompt with the PATH cleared
(to avoid interference from other installed software and DLLs) and set to
the "bin" folder of your installation.
More information is available at
https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/#QuickStartforOSGeo4WUsers (even if a bit
outdated) where you can read that: "Command line applications will be
available in the OSGeo4W Shell command window."

So, you can use the Windows Command Prompt, but, instead of simply execute
"qgis_process-qgis" in order to properly set the environment variables, you
need to specify the full path of that batch file: e.g. "C:\Program
Files\QGIS 3.14\bin\qgis_process-qgis.bat" (depending of actual path of your
installation)

Regards.

Andrea