[Qgis-user] Two zones UTM covering Mining Licence Area

chris hermansen clhermansen at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 09:59:37 PDT 2020

Jean and list

On Sat, Aug 15, 2020, 09:16 jean Lukusa <lukusam at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all. I Hope you are doing Well.
> I 'am planning soil sampling program in m'y country DRC.
> Unfortunatelly ,my licence area is covered by two UTM zones (35 North ans
> 36North.  How Can work in order not to make error ? Can I consider just one
> zone ? Can I uze another metric cordinate system ?

You may want to project into one or the other of the zones. This is useful
particularly in the case where you want to line up adjacent line or polygon
features (like water courses or land cover) prior to merging them.

You might also want to consider putting everything in a non UTM projection.
But UTM is appropriate for area calculation for example.