[Qgis-user] DB Browser connection via Spatialite

Walt Ludwick walt at valedalama.net
Sun Aug 16 07:16:43 PDT 2020

PS to this issue: SOLVED (after a coupla days of head-scratching, involving
several heads), simply by redownloading the extension (which must have been
corrupt) and reinstalling, the Spatialite extension in my DB Browser for
SQLite instance is running like a champ.

What's noteworthy to report is how *extraordinarily* responsive is the
developer community of DB4S, as evidenced by the low-latency interval
between each substantive exchange in this issue tracker thread [1].

As i am still learning my way around the SQL interface of QGIS, and am more
comfortable with the DB4S environment for working with the
database directly, i am very grateful for this .gpkg file format that DB4S
seems to have no trouble reading -tho writing to it seems to be a different
story.  Specifically: it appears that -inasmuch QGIS uses 'fid' as the
primary key (non-null/ guaranteed unique)- it reserves the right to set
that key for itself. Yes?

[1] https://github.com/sqlitebrowser/sqlitebrowser/issues/2371