[Qgis-user] Processing Modeler - "File Input" to "Create Points Layer From Table" doesn't seem to work

John Clarkstone john2053k at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 19 00:55:54 PDT 2020

Using the Processing Modeler I am trying to automate the generation of shapes from a CSV file using the following sequence.

·       Create Point Layers from Table
·       Points to Path
·       Lines to Polygons

This works absolutely fine if I select the CSV file name in the “Input Layer” selection box of “Create Layers from Table”.  However I want to be able to select the input file each time I run the automation.  To do this I included a “File/Folder” Input and set a “Parameter Name”.  I had expected that I could use the parameter name from the “File/Folder” Input by selecting it from the “Input Layer” drop down, but it does not appear in the drop down.   I can use a map layer as an input and this appears in the drop down, but this is of no use to the task I am trying to do.

Q1)  Is it possible in Processing Modeller to have an input of a CSV file to the “Create Layers from Table” function?  Do I need some intermediate function?

Q2)  Is there a function that I have missed that directly creates one or more polygon(s) from a list of points in a CSV file, without the need to do this automation?

Thanks
John C