[Qgis-user] layers not displayed in the layer window

Yoann QUENACH DE QUIVILLIC yquenach at itlink.fr
Thu Aug 27 02:44:27 PDT 2020

I had the exact same problem some time ago. The layers are present in the
QgsProject, but not added to the QgsCanvas, so they don't appear in the
Layer Panel but the entry is there in the Layer Styling Panel.
You can use PyQGIS to solve it
Here is a simple function that iters over the layers in the project, and
removes the layers not present in the canvas:

def remove_odd_layers():
    for layer in QgsProject.instance().mapLayers().values():
        if layer not in iface.mapCanvas().layers():
            QgsProject.instance().removeMapLayer(layer)

remove_odd_layers ()

Le dim. 23 août 2020 à 13:03, Jens Beutmann <beutmann at arcor.de> a écrit :

> I got a problem with layers that are displayed in the layer design
> dialog ("Layergestaltung" in German) but not in the layer window itself.
> I would like to delete these layers but this is not possible. I opened
> the project in QGIS 2.18 and in 3.10 and it happens in both versions.
> Can anybody help?
>

> --

<https://www.itlink.fr/>

Yoann Quenach de Quivillic