[Qgis-user] Importing a raster into a Geopackage

Alberto Vavassori alberto.vavassori at polimi.it
Tue Dec 1 06:56:56 PST 2020

Hello everybody. I have an issue regarding the Geopackage format. I have tried to import a singleband raster file (it represents the land cover, thus every pixel has a single integer value corresponding to the land cover class), but this operation seems to modify the raster characteristics: the raster becomes a 4-bands raster and the pixels values change accordingly (basically, the original raster is saved in the Geopackage as an RGB image). It seems to be a bug of QGIS. I have also tried to use GDAL translate through the processing toolbox of QGIS to convert the TIFF file to a Geopackage file, but the result is the same.
Has anybody faced this problem? May anybody suggest a way to work this problem out?
Thank you.
Alberto