[Qgis-user] R: Importing a raster into a Geopackage

Nicolas Cadieux njacadieux.gitlab at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 10:25:02 PST 2020

Hi Sebastian and others,

I think the github has it wrong here  According to the documentation,
the band count option is for _reading_ the file and not creating the
file.  What I don't get is the fact that the data is being changed
significantly (but not as much as when the "rendered image" option is
selected (as expected) so that's not the problem here).   I tried
QUALITY = 100 for writing to see if some compression was going on but
it's the same problem.  Looks like some scaling issues.  The 1 to 4 band
is not a problem (as this is the standard read option) but the value
changes are.

gdal_translate -of GPKG -co "QUALITY = 100"
C:/Users/Nicolas/Desktop/Land_cover_Corine2018.tif
C:/Users/Nicolas/Desktop/TEST.gpkg

Nicolas