[Qgis-user] QGIS 3.16 Installation on Linux Mint

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Wed Dec 2 11:26:12 PST 2020

Hello Mike,

Am 02.12.20 um 13:22 schrieb Mike Flannigan:
> I suspect there is a good reason why Linux Mint (LM) 19.3
> cannot be called bionic instead of tricia.  So first question
> is how do I cross reference names and numbers (i.e. Ubuntu
> bionic = 18.04).  I did some looking.  Is LXR needed for that?
> I also went into 'Release' and 'InRelease' on that website, but
> could not cross reference bionic to 18.04.
>
> Second question is how do I cross reference between Ubuntu and LM?
> i.e. LM 19.3 tricia is based on Ubuntu 18.04 bionic.

Just have a look at the wikipedia article on Linux mint versions:
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_Mint_version_history>

You see that LM names are independent from ubuntu names. All Linux Mint
19.x Versions are based on Ubuntu 18.04, and all Linux Mint 20.x
versions will be based on Ubuntu 20.04. So with your Linux Mint 19.3 you
can take the QGIS packages for bionic as long as they are supported.

HTH,
Andre Joost