[Qgis-user] Import mapinfo tabfile

Kirk Schmidt kirk at nortekresources.com
Thu Dec 17 07:18:09 PST 2020

Hi Jean:

The tab file is what you need to open.  The other files make up the rest
of the components of the vector file similar to a shapefile.  You can
either drag and drop the tab file into and open QGIS canvas or use the
add vector layer button.  If you use the later, you can select the file
type to Mapinfo and the suitable files will be displayed (*.TAB files).

Kirk Schmidt

On 12/17/2020 7:34 AM, Weijers, Jean (Kerkrade) wrote:

> Hello
>
> I got  mapinfo files (.DAT, .ID, .MAP, .TAB).
>
> I want to import this into QGIS, but I don’t get a vectorfile. I see
> only TAB-file.
>
> How can I convert the tab-files into vectorfiles.
>
> Does anaone have a solution.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Jean Weijers

Kirk Schmidt, MScF, BScF, RPF