[Qgis-user] 3D view broken in 3.16?

Mats Elfström mats.elfstrom at giskraft.se
Fri Dec 18 02:54:44 PST 2020

Hi!
Has there been a significant change in underlying 3D libraries for 3.16?
When people ask I use to claim that QGIS does not need any particular
hardware to run, even if more RAM and high resolution screens are always an
advantage. But that goes for any software, and is more standard that it
used to be.
But now my trusted HP ProBook 4530s (2011) laptop refuses to display any 3D
views from QGIS. This goes for both the ThreeJS plugin and QGIS 'native' 3D
view. The latter paints an image, but out of zoom and scale, and it cannot
be moved or rotated.
I have the latest (2016) drivers for the built in Intel GPU and see no
possible settings to play with. I have had no problems with this up until
3.14.

Regards, Mats.E
--

*GisKraft*, Geodatakonsult

Mats Elfström, Marsvinsholms stationsväg 80, 271 93 Ystad, Sweden
tel: +46 70 595 39 35 / www.giskraft.se