[Qgis-user] Qt designer with QGIS

Raymond Nijssen r.nijssen at terglobo.nl
Sat Dec 26 12:07:42 PST 2020

Hi Nicolas,

Merry Christmas to you too.

My first plugins were based on the plugin-builder code as well, but
currently I'm always starting my plugins (almost) from scratch with the
"minimal plugin" code:

https://github.com/wonder-sk/qgis-minimal-plugin

 From there you can add all your stuff, both QGIS and Qt.

Toolbars, menus and buttons can be created in your code. For panels and
dialogs I'm using QtDesigner, which produces .ui files. You can open
those in your python code to create and show the widgets.

You can find an example over here:

https://github.com/rodekruis/sims_maps_qgis_plugin

Here's where it initiates the dialog from a .ui file:

https://github.com/rodekruis/sims_maps_qgis_plugin/blob/master/sims_maps/__init__.py#L109

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
Raymond